The 7.5-12.5 ton Ruud 3 phase RKKL Package Gas/Electric units feature earth-friendly R-410A refrigerant. This platform provides you with a full line of capacities that are each AHRI-certified. The design is certified by CSA International.
The Scroll® Compressor
All of our
residential/commercial package units, regardless of efficiency level,
feature the Scroll® Compressor. The scroll compressor uses a more
advanced technology than traditional reciprocating compressors. Scroll
compressors with internal line break overload and high pressure
protection. Single stage compressor on 7.5 & 10 ton models. Two
stage compressor on 12.5 ton models. Molded compressor plugs. They have fewer moving parts, and they are quieter, more efficient, and longer lasting.
Durable Cabinet with Louvered Condenser Compartment
Our cabinets have a powder painted finish that protects them from the
harshest weather extremes. And our louvered condenser compartment is the
best in the industry for protecting the condenser coil against yard
hazards and weather extremes. There is a one-piece top cover and one piece base pan with drawn supply and return opening for superior water management. Foil
faced insulation encapsulated throughout entire unit minimizes airborne
fibers from the air stream. Access door with heavy-duty gasketing, and
mechanically attached with 5/16" screws. Slide Out Indoor fan assembly
for added service convenience.
Motor/Fan Motor Mount
Our motor mount
helps protect the fan motor from the elements for longer life. Its
design dependability helps reduce vibration and noise. High performance belt drive motor with variable pitch pulleys and quick adjust belt system. Permanently
lubricated evaporator, condenser and gas heat inducer motors. Condenser
motors are internally protected, totally enclosed with shaft down
operational controls are “up front” for quick access and service
diagnostics. The draft inducer motor is specially designed to quietly
provide combustion air while simultaneously venting outdoors the
combustion products from the furnace heat exchanger. In addition to the
draft inducer motor, the in-shot gas burners, gas valve and manifold
efficiently regulate the flow of gas for combustion. These new
gas/electric units also feature direct-spark ignition and remote flame
sensors for added dependability and efficiency
Matched Blower/Evaporator Coil Unit
The blower is responsible for the flow of air into your ductwork. MicroChannel Outdoor Coils and other system components for maximum efficiency and quiet operation. Single slab, single pass designed evaporator coil facilitate easy cleaning for maintained high efficiencies. Internally sloped slide out condensate pan conforms to ASHRAE 62 standards.
Tubular Heat Exchanger
Our new package gas electric units feature a tubular heat exchanger
design. Tubular heat exchangers are more efficient and durable than
older-style clamshell heat exchangers.
- There are single point electrical and gas connections on all models.
- Fixed restriction refrigerant flow control on 7.5 and 10 ton models.
- TXV on 12.5 ton model.
- Solid Core liquid line filter drier
- Rugged base rails are included for improved installation and handling.
- Complete factory charged, wired and run tested.
- Cooling operation up to 125 degree F ambient.
- Convertible airflow.
- High Pressure and Low Pressure/Loss of charge protection standard on all models.
- Easily removable filter, blower, gas heat, and compressor/ control access panels permits prompt service.
- 2 inch filter standard with slide out design.
- Two stage gas valve, direct spark ignition, and induced draft for efficiency and reliability.
- Solid state furnace control with on board diagnostics.
- 24 volt control system with resettable circuit breakers.
- Colored and labeled wiring.