The 3-5 ton Ruud single & 3 phase 13 SEER RKNL and 14 SEER RKPL Package Gas/Electric units with ClearControl™, feature earth-friendly R-410A refrigerant. This platform provides you with a full line of capacities that are each AHRI-certified. The design is certified by CSA International.
Installed ClearControl™, Direct Digital Control (DDC) and sensors which
can connect to LonWorks™ or BACnet® BAS systems for remote monitoring
The Scroll® Compressor
All of our
residential/commercial package units – regardless of efficiency level
–feature the Scroll® Compressor. The scroll compressor uses a more
advanced technology than traditional reciprocating compressors. Scroll
compressors with internal line break overload and high pressure
protection. Single stage compressor on all models. Molded compressor
plugs. They have fewer moving parts, and they are quieter, more efficient, and longer lasting.
Durable Cabinet with Louvered Condenser Compartment
Our cabinets have a powder painted finish that protects them from the
harshest weather extremes. And our louvered condenser compartment is the
best in the industry for protecting the condenser coil against yard
hazards and weather extremes. There is a one-piece top cover and one piece base pan with drawn supply and return opening for superior water management. Externally mounted refrigerant gauge ports for easy service diagnostics.
Motor/Fan Motor Mount
Our motor mount
helps protect the fan motor from the elements for longer life. Its
design dependability helps reduce vibration and noise. Direct drive or high performance belt drive motor with variable pitch pulleys and quick adjust belt system. Permanently
lubricated evaporator, condenser and gas heat inducer motors. Condenser
motors are internally protected, totally enclosed with shaft down
operational controls are “up front” for quick access and service
diagnostics. The draft inducer motor is specially designed to quietly
provide combustion air while simultaneously venting outdoors the
combustion products from the furnace heat exchanger. In addition to the
draft inducer motor, the in-shot gas burners, gas valve and manifold
efficiently regulate the flow of gas for combustion. These new
gas/electric units also feature direct-spark ignition and remote flame
sensors for added dependability and efficiency.
Matched Blower/Evaporator Coil Unit
The blower is
responsible for the flow of air into your ductwork. It has been designed
to match the evaporator coil and other system components for maximum
efficiency and quiet operation. Single slab, single pass designed evaporator coil facilitate easy cleaning for maintained high efficiencies.
Tubular Heat Exchanger
Our new package gas electric units feature a tubular heat exchanger
design. Tubular heat exchangers are more efficient and durable than
older-style clamshell heat exchangers. The factory standard heat
exchanger is backed by a ten year limited warranty.
- There are single point electrical and gas connections on all models.
expansion valves are standard on all models for superior superheat
control, reliability, and energy efficiency at all operating conditions.
- Solid Core liquid line filter drier on each circuit.
- Rugged base rails are included for improved installation and handling.
- Complete factory charged, wired and run tested.
- Cooling operation up to 125 degree F ambient.
- Easy to install plug-in; slip in, 100% fully modulating economizer.
- Convertible airflow.
- High Pressure and Low Pressure/Loss of charge protection standard on all models.
- Easily removable filter, blower, gas heat, and compressor/ control access panels permits prompt service.
- 1 inch filter standard with slide out design.
- Single stage gas valve, direct spark ignition, and induced draft for efficiency and reliability.
- Solid state furnace control with on board diagnostics.
- Colored and labeled wiring.