Water Heating Solutions for Home Owners
The name says it all!
Ruud is recognized by homeowners as the most reliable brand of water heaters, and home buyers identify product quality with the Ruud name. Our ongoing commitment is to provide the best quality products and services in the industry!
Got a question about water heaters?
Check our Home FAQ
You can also call Ruud's Help Line at
How to select a water heater
1. Know the necessary fuel type – electric, natural gas, or propane (LP) gas.
2. Determine the gallon size you will need. A plumbing contractor can help.
3. Measure the maximum height and width space for your new water heater. Remember to also check your access door space for clearance.
4. Choose a warranty model that’s right for you.
Tankless water heaters last more than 20 years, while an electric or gas water heater has a life expectancy of about 10 years. (Source: National Builder News, March 12, 2007)
Wide Range of Water Heating Solutions
For over 100 years, installers have looked to us to deliver reliable water heaters with cutting-edge features. Ruud has maintained its reputation with high-performance, cost-effective water heating solutions. Our product offerings include tank-type water heaters, tankless, solar systems, replacement parts and accessories for all product categories – making us a one-stop, full-service solutions provider.
Safety Tips for a leaking water heater
If the leak is major:
1. Shut off fuel supply
2. Shut off cold water supply to the water heater
3. Open all hot water faucets in your home
4. Attach hose to drain valve at the bottom of water heater and drain unit of all water
5. Call your Ruud Plumber