RKKL (15 & 20 Ton)
The 15 and 20 ton Ruud 3 phase RKKL Package Gas/Electric units feature earth-friendly R-410A refrigerant. This platform provides you with a full line of capacities that are each AHRI-certified. The design is certified by CSA International.
The Scroll® Compressor
All of our residential/commercial package units, regardless of efficiency level, feature the Scroll® Compressor. The scroll compressor uses a more advanced technology than traditional reciprocating compressors. Scroll compressors with internal line break overload and high pressure protection. Two independent refrigerant circuits each with a scroll compressor provide two stage cooling operation. They have fewer moving parts, and they are quieter, more efficient, and longer lasting.
Durable Cabinet with Louvered Condenser Compartment
Our cabinets have a powder painted finish that protects them from the harshest weather extremes. And our louvered condenser compartment is the best in the industry for protecting the condenser coil against yard hazards and weather extremes. There is a one-piece top cover and one piece base pan with drawn supply and return opening for superior water management. Foil faced insulation encapsulated throughout entire unit minimizes airborne fibers from the air stream. Slide Out Indoor fan assembly for added service convenience. Hinged major access door with heavy-duty gasketing.
Motor/Fan Motor Mount
Our motor mount helps protect the fan motor from the elements for longer life. Its design dependability helps reduce vibration and noise. High performance belt drive motor with variable pitch pulleys and quick adjust belt system. Permanently lubricated evaporator, condenser and gas heat inducer motors. Condenser motors are internally protected, totally enclosed with shaft down design.
Control box operational controls are “up front” for quick access and service diagnostics. The draft inducer motor is specially designed to quietly provide combustion air while simultaneously venting outdoors the combustion products from the furnace heat exchanger. In addition to the draft inducer motor, the in-shot gas burners, gas valve and manifold efficiently regulate the flow of gas for combustion. These new gas/electric units also feature direct-spark ignition and remote flame sensors for added dependability and efficiency.
Matched Blower/Evaporator Coil Unit
The blower is responsible for the flow of air into your ductwork. Aluminum MicroChannel Outdoor Coils and other system components provide maximum efficiency and quiet operation. Single slab, single pass designed evaporator coil facilitate easy cleaning for maintained high efficiencies. Internally sloped slide out condensate pan conforms to ASHRAE 62 standards.
Tubular Heat Exchanger
Our new package gas electric units feature a tubular heat exchanger design. Tubular heat exchangers are more efficient and durable than older-style clamshell heat exchangers.
- There are single point electrical connections on all models.
- Solid Core liquid line filter drier on each circuit.
- Rugged base rails are included for improved installation and handling.
- Complete factory charged, wired and run tested.
- Cooling operation up to 125 degree F ambient.
- Convertible airflow- vertical downflow or horizontal sideflow.
- High Pressure and Low Pressure/Loss of charge protection standard on all models.
- 2 inch filter standard with slide out design.
- Two stage gas valve, direct spark ignition, and induced draft for efficiency and reliability.
- Solid state furnace control with on board diagnostics.
- 24 volt control system with resettable circuit breakers.
- Colored and labeled wiring.
- Capillary tube refrigerant metering system on each circuit.
- Three Phase Only
- Scroll Compressor
RKKL (15 & 20 Ton)
Conditional Parts Warranty - 10 Years (1-Phase Residential), 1 Year (Commercial)
Compressor Warranty - 10 Years (1-Phase Residential) 5 Years (Commercial)
Heat Exchanger Warranty - Factory Standard - 10 Years, Stainless Steel - Limited
Lifetime (1-Phase Residential) 20 Years (Commercial)
KwikComfort® Financing can help make your purchase even easier.
Ruud makes it easy to find a financing option that works for you! With many options and benefits available, KwikComfort Financing is the best way to get the home comfort you need without the wait.
- Applications made easyWe'll help you avoid lengthy contracts, headaches and hassles.
- Kwik credit decisionsYou'll get an answer to your application within minutes.
- Fast credit for the futureFinance your Ruud equipment and anything you want to add later.
- Reduced interest/fixed paymentsGet low interest and fixed monthly payments until the purchase is paid.
- Minimum monthly paymentTake advantage of convenient monthly payments that fit your budget.
- Deferred interest/no interestEnjoy interest-free payments as long as the balance is paid by the due date.