Cleaner, Healthier Air...
EPA studies show that even in the smoggiest cities, the air inside most modern homes is usually at least ten times more polluted than the air outside.
How can this be? There are many reasons, some of which were discovered only recently. They include invisible assassins like radon and CO2, as well as gas-emitting chemicals like formaldehyde used in making modern carpeting, drapery, household cleaners, furniture and building materials. There are also common airborne pollutants such as pollen, viruses, dust and dust mites and damp areas where standing water can breed mold, mildew and other microbes.
Much of this problem is attributed to the way modern homes are built—for purposes of energy efficiency, and to be as air-tight as possible. The consequence is that stale air, laced with odors, chemicals, irritants – even miniscule insects – often becomes trapped in modern homes, where it circulates over and over. This can lead to eye irritation, sinus congestion, sneezing, runny nose, stuffiness, colds, flu, headaches, dizziness, outbreaks of allergies and asthma, sore throats, and various other respiratory ailments.
So serious and prevalent is this issue that environmentalists have coined a new term for it—IAQ or Indoor Air Quality. Today’s homeowners need to become more aware of the importance of IAQ and what they can do about it.
Indoor Air Quality Products
Whole House Exact Fit Media Air Cleaners were designed to fit any Ruud central heating system. This exact-fit design maximizes filtration allowing your Ruud home comfort solution make the air in your home cleaner and more comfortable. These air cleaners provide the most advanced filtration solution for removing dust, pollen and pet dander, to name a few, and to make sure cleaner air is circulated to your entire home.
- Traps and Filters – Reduces major pollutants, such as dust and pollen, from the air passing through your HVAC systems.
- 4'' Deep-Pleat Filters – With filters that perfectly fit the media cabinet, surface area is maximized allowing filters to last up to one year reducing replacement changes.
- Exact Fit System – Cabinets are an exact-fit system solution to your Ruud residential air handlers and gas furnaces providing quick installation by your HVAC professional. Each cabinet includes one MERV 8 media filter.
- Finish – Steel gray paint matches Ruud equipment.
- 5-Year Limited Warranty* – We stand behind our warranty and make it easy for our customers to work with us.
* Refer to owner’s manual for warranty information.
Click here to download the brochure.
Click here to find an independent Ruud HVAC Contractor to get the best IAQ solution for your home.